We have been asked by a correspondent to outline the errors of "Jehovah's Witnesses", which is one of the "Protestant" daughters originating in Roman Catholicism "the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth" - Revelation 17v5. This sect holds many of the errors of Rome, and also adds some others which are peculiar to it.
Correspondence will be welcomed upon this subject. If any basic errors have been omitted, or the current teachings have again changed, please advise us. We appeal to those who have been misled by this false religion to contact us - our email address is shown below.
1. The pre-existence of Jesus Christ.
Contrast 2nd Samuel 7v14; Luke 1v35.
2. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is denied and the pagan fantasy of a substitutionary sacrifice is taught. "Jesus...could not have been raised from the dead...Had he taken back the human life that he sacrificed mankind would no longer be ransomed". Contrast 1st Corinthians 15v17 - "And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins" and John 10v17 - "I lay down my life, that I might take it again". Also see Luke 24v13-53; Romans 4v23-25; 5v1-21. Note 1st Corinthians 15v14,15 - "And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God". Perhaps another name change is appropriate for this organization!
3. The existence of "a fallen-angel devil" who is also called "satan". Contrast Hebrews 2v14; Romans 8v3.
4. The rejection of Israel from God's purpose. Their original teaching was that Israel would be restored. These days they mis-apply the witnessing aspect of Israel to themselves (but not the judgments), and wrongly claim that Israel is cast off forever. Contrast Jeremiah 30v7-11; Romans 11.
5. The invisible return of Jesus Christ to the earth. Various dates for the return have been predicted over the years, and all have failed. But they now teach that the return is "invisible", and therefore any apparent failure is not real. Contrast Matthew 24v36,42;Revelation 1v7.
6. Exactly 144,000 of them form a "heavenly class" of believers which go to heaven. The remainder, including such faithful men as Abraham and David, are the "other sheep", and are considered worthy of a lesser reward upon the earth. Contrast Matthew 5v5; Galatians 3v26-29; Ephesians 4v4.
7. "The Governing Body" and the 144,000 are supposed to be inspired. This is in spite of the fact that they have changed their teachings many times, and therefore it is extremely difficult to know what beliefs are current. Contrast Proverbs 5v1-13; 24v21,22; Isaiah 8v20; Malachi 3v6; Hebrews 2v1,2; 13v8,9.
8. 'The Watchtower' (their official magazine) is regarded as of more importance than the Bible, and is supposed to teach the "inspired" doctrines of the sect leaders. Contrast Isaiah 8v20; Romans 10v17; 2nd Timothy 3v14-17.
9. Their 'New World Translation' of the Bible is promoted by them as the most accurate available. However it is biased towards their own peculiar teachings. Bible scholars and linguists regard it as unreliable and often inaccurate. Contrast Deuteronomy 18v20; Isaiah 8v20; Jeremiah 23v25-40.
10. They practise different classes of immersions. The "heavenly class" undergo immersion for the forgiveness of sins. The "other sheep" however have traditionally undergone immersion only as a sign of "dedication". To further complicate matters, immersion was not originally regarded as essential for salvation. These days an attempt is being made to make all of their immersions the same. However this may be only because most (if not all) of the "heavenly class" have died. Certainly the next "revelation" should be interesting! Contrast Galatians 3v26-29; Ephesians 4v5.
11. The weekly Memorial Meeting instituted by Jesus Christ and the Apostles is not observed. Instead they keep what is termed a "Passover" Meeting once per year. Only the 144,000 are allowed to partake. However because most (if not all) of this number have now died, it is difficult to find anyone to participate. But apparently thousands love to look on. Contrast Mark 14v22,23; Acts 20v7; 1st Corinthians 11v17-34; Hebrews 10v25.
12. Universal resurrection was originally taught, but this has been changed to exclude the "deliberately wicked". These days the resurrection is restricted to handing out various rewards. This includes "good people" who have not known J.W. teachings. Another complication is that most (if not all) of the 144,000 have already died, and are supposed to have been resurrected and gone to heaven. All of this is unscriptural. Contrast Deuteronomy 18v18,19; John 12v48; 2nd Timothy 4v1; Matthew 5v5.
13. A grievous distortion of Scripture has resulted in the prohibition of blood transfusions. As a result many have suffered a terrible and totally unnecessary grief of mind, and some tragic and unnecessary deaths have resulted. Contrast Romans 14; 1st Corinthians 8. We would be happy to explain this matter further to any who would like to contact us.
14. They do not allow divorce for the 'Pauline Privilege' contained in 1st Corinthians 7v12-16. This prohibition results in unnecessary suffering for some of their members.
15. They use a corrupted name for God, namely 'Jehovah'. This is an Anglicized form of a hybrid name, which is itself made up of a combination of several Divine titles. This abomination was perpetuated by the Jewish Masorites. Because of a superstitious fear generated by a misunderstanding of Exodus 20v7, Jews would not pronounce or transcribe God's memorial name of 'Yahweh'. This Name, meaning literally 'He who will be', was revealed in Exodus 3v14,15 to remind God's people of His future purpose with the redeemed and with the earth. Compare Numbers 14v21.
for a list and explanation of true basic scriptural doctrines link here
contact us for further information -